Thursday 20 August 2015

My daughter, my eyes

Anisha, I wanted a daughter, and I wished she could have my eyes - eyes which look like mine !
I have got lot of compliments for my eyes. I used to say proudly that my eyes are my mother's gift to me. When I utter those words when young, I would dream of having a daughter with my eyes. When struggling with infertility, I used to wonder whether my wish will ever come true !
When you were a month old, the midwife commented, how big your eye lashes are ! My joy knew no bounds. As you grow, your eyes are getting a nice shape. I have looked at your eyes, and also into your eyes, more than I have looked at anyone else's. I ask your dad everyday whether your eyes look like mine.
In this picture of yours, your eyes appear very prominent and of course similar to mine. Doesn't it ? 

No comments:

Post a Comment