Thursday 2 July 2015

Annaprasanam - a ceremony to celebrate the introduction of solid food !

Anisha kutty,
You tasted your first solid food at 5 months and six days, on 20.6.2015. Your nanamma (paternal grandmother) wanted that we pray to God and give you kheer (a sweet) made of rice. In your dad's place they celebrate this day very grandly. I have seen pictures of little ones dressed beautifully and having a taste of first solid food. So, on 20.6.2015, we celebrated (only we three) your annaprasanam too. (Annam = rice; prasanam= introduction). I gave you rice mixed with dal (lentil) and ghee. Your dad gave you payasam (sweet). You liked rice+dal+ghee combination better. We both looked beautiful and no need to say your dad looked handsome, he is always so !

Anisha, may you enjoy good health always ! I hope you develop a very healthy eating habit. I understand that it is in my hands, I promise to do my best. I cook really well, tasty. I will definitely help you to get a taste for healthy and good foods. I believe being a biologist and a good cook will help me a lot to accomplish this.

Below are some of the pictures taken during Annaprasam - oh, you looked so beautiful ! Stay blessed my dear kuttyma ! Love you always.

At the end of the function, many things like book, money, etc were kept in front of you and you were allowed to pick up what you like. It is a belief that the thing you pick first will be your interest throughout your life and you will excel in it. I kept a book near your hands reach ;) Now you know what I want you to do :) Nothing in this world could beat the satisfaction and protection knowledge and wisdom gives, so, make sure to have a passion for learning, afterall, life is nothing but a learning experience. The more you learn, more will be your ability to enjoy life. And, make sure to share the knowledge and wisdom you gain with others -the more you share, more you grow and it will also make your life very meaningful too ! 

Yours,
Amma

No comments:

Post a Comment