Tuesday 3 May 2016

It has been two years since your life started !

Dear Ani kutty ,

Amma hasn't written to you for so long , sorry ! I have lots to say - especially , how naughty you have become :)

On 2014 , May 3 rd , embryologist Dr. Sai , selected one of my egg and one of your dad's sperm and brought it together using ICSI and left the combined cells in a petri dish. That's how two cells which  wouldn't have become Anisha when left by themselves , became Anisha when brought together. The magic of life ! You are our little miracle - we can't imagine how our life would have been without you. We are immensely thankful to everyone who made you happen.

Anisha , unfortunately ,  today , Nihal , a boy who suffered from a rare genetic disorder called Progeria , left this world. He is only 15 years old , I guess . But he looked like a very old man - a child trapped in a old man's body. I came to know about him via FB. I thought , the boy's family is from AP ,  something made me to give a phone call - to ask if I could be of some help. I learned that they live in Mumbai , but are originally from AP. His father spoke Telugu. I have talked to Nihal only once , saw his pictures many a time. Such a cheerful person he is  in spite of the pain and troubles he went through by getting trapped in a body which his childish soul actually doesn't belong. Children with Progeria will not live long and die early because of complications akin to old age. Today , it's his turn , he left this world.  I wanted to meet him once , but it didn't happen. I hope he rests in peace. At least his sufferings ended , and hopefully his life's purpose is fulfilled - to raise awareness about Progeria and to inspire others ! When I see children suffer , it just breaks my heart - and I respect and admire the strength their families show.

I don't have much time now. Will write to you very soon.

Love ,
Amma

No comments:

Post a Comment