Sunday 26 February 2017

25 months and breastfeeding still !

I can't be proud enough Anisha. People who think long time breastfeeding has no benefits are so wrong. You rarely fall ill , even if you do , it takes only couple of days for you to recover completely , yes completely ! In these two years , only once I took you to doctor for being unwell ( at 8 months ). They found redness in your throat and prescribed amoxycilin. That's it. Only when in India you caught cold couple of times , that was so mild. You didn't cough , you didn't have long periods of running nose. Just four to five days you had running nose then you were back to normal. Touch wood - you never had diarrhea or any other stomach problem. It was a cake walk for you as well as for me. But , it's definitely hard to feed you all the time. Nowadays , you constantly stick to my boobs  -  if you are bored , if you need solace , if you need milk , if you need to sleep and for many other reasons ! Sometimes you go on sucking , my nipples start to get dry and ache. Once you were doing so midnight , I got so angry , I told you that it hurts. You immediately turned to the other side. After few minutes , you turned back , held my chin , and said sorry. My heart just melted , I fed you without complaining afterwards :) Sometimes you come with your doll and ask milk for that too. I feed your dolls too :) I have heard enough criticisms. I don't care. As long as we both are comfortable , feeding will continue. The protection it gives you is enormous ! And the magic it has done to me is enormous too. I was never this thin. Especially my tummy fat has gone down a lot. Breastfeeding is not easy for both. To suck breasts you need lots of energy. To breastfeed I need lots of determination , patience and energy too. I am happy that we did it together.
Manju

No comments:

Post a Comment