Monday 26 September 2016

Why to shave your head ?

I get anxiety attacks when someone talks about shaving your head , and your paternal grandma talks about it often . I haven't told her yet that I will not allow anyone to remove your hair. I fought with your dad and told him that it will not happen. His and your aunts ( his sister's ) response is , " Don't act as if only your daughter goes through this ". What an arrogant , mocking way to respond to my fear ! I don't care what others do to their children , you are mine and I wouldn't allow this. I can't even imagine a person holding your head tight , you crying with fear , and I am so afraid of some person shaving your head with a knife. I will even hit him hard at the spur of the moment What kind of practice is this ?
I am sure , this time in India , my stance will create a huge discontent and  misunderstanding among our near and dear. But I can't allow anyone to do this to you , and more importantly , I won't allow anyone to do so without your permission. I haven't pierced your ear for the same reason and your grandma was already unhappy about it * sigh * I will shave my hair if it would be suffice to pacify their God or Goddess.
Amma

1 comment:

  1. You do what is right for you, Manju! Keep fighting for your beliefs. She is your child. You carried her, gave birth to her. She's yours.

    ReplyDelete